- About Us
- Fee Schedule
Parents must sign a Sunscreen Permission Form upon enrollment and yearly thereafter. For Kids Sake Early Learning Center will bill parents $25 per summer per child for child safe sunscreen that will be provided and applied to children during the sunny season. Teachers will apply sunscreen to children prior to going outside. Parents whose children need a specific brand of sunscreen because of allergies or other medical reasons must provide their own sunscreen with a doctor’s note and medication permission form. Special sunscreen must be labeled with the child’s name and used only by that child. Staff will post a notice to this effect in the classroom.
The sun screen that For Kid’s Sake Early Learning Center provides will have a SPF of at least 30. Sunscreen brands may vary and will be chosen by the following criteria:
Choose A Safe Sunscreen:
· Look for titanium dioxide or zinc oxide based mineral sunscreens, which do not penetrate the skin and provide UVA protection against the sun’s most damaging rays.
· Choose non-nano products that do not have small particles that can absorb into skin
· Choose sunscreens that are unscented or use essential oils as fragrance
· Pick lotion based sunscreens with water resistance
· Pick broad spectrum sunscreens that protect against UVA and UVB rays
· Choose sunscreen products that are rated 0-2 by EWG