What is the NAEYC?
The NAEYC is the National Association for the Education of Young Children.
NAEYC is the nation’s largest organization of early childhood professionals dedicated to the education of young children. NAEYC began in 1985 with a goal to provide a system that would raise the level of quality in early childhood programs.
NAEYC accreditation in a child care setting means the program meets NAEYC’s ten standards for high quality early childhood education.
• Assessment (of child progress)
• Community Relationships
• Physical Environment
• Leadership and Management
At FKS we are striving to meet the high standards of NAEYC everyday.
For example, sick within the criteria of the first standard Relationships NAEYC looks for a program that works in partnership with families and maintains ongoing communication. The following are just a few of the ways we are working to communicate with our Families everyday.
At FKS we:
• Provide Daily Information Sheets for our Infant/Toddler Families and Daily Parent Notes for our Preschool Families.
• We provide a Center Newsletter
• We offer an up to date website and facebook page for families.
• We post monthly snack calendars and Parent Calendars.
• We communicate verbally with families during drop off and pick up and throughout the day as needed.
• Providing Families with Parent Handbooks.
These are just a few of the ways within the first Standard that we are already providing high quality care that families want for their children and NAEYC requires for its members.
See the FKS article on Parent-Teacher Relationships.